“So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are citizens with the saints and also members of the household of God, built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the cornerstone.” (Ephesians 2:10-20)
Welcome to God’s household at First Lutheran Church! This household is a very big place! In the passage above, Paul reminds us that in Christ there are absolutely no human divisions that can keep us apart! We believe that through the cross and resurrection of Jesus, we are reconciled to one another and to God. We are called to celebrate new life together.
This household is a welcoming place! We invite you to be part of a household of faith which emphasizes worship, Biblical learning, hospitality, local and worldwide mission and community service. We share in all of these things as “fellow-travelers” welcoming one another in the grace of Christ.
For more than 135 years, First Lutheran Church of Longmont, CO has served the needs of all God’s people. Our doors are open and we welcome you in the name of Jesus Christ and his saving grace. By serving others, we share God’s love with the world.
First Lutheran provides many different ministries to meet the needs of its members and friends.
Here you will find:
• Household Ministry which encourages everyone who gathers under the roof of a home to invite Christ into the home through four important keys:
• Conversation, Devotion, Traditions and Service
• Musical groups that include two adult Choirs, two adult bell choirs, a children’s choir and a children’s bell choir.
• Youth programming that especially reaches out to youth in middle and high school with a variety of Christ-centered events, activities and trips that value and encourage each participant.
• Opportunities to serve both inside the church and in community outreach.
• Kids Hope – A mentoring program at Central Elementary.
• Parish Nursing – A registered nurse promotes wellness in all physical, psychological, social and spiritual dimensions of a household, assisting them to achieve fullness of life.
We invite you to follow Jesus Christ with us!
• To get to know us better and give us the pleasure of knowing you.
• To attend any of our services, activities or classes.
• To request contact from a Pastor or staff member who can tell you more about the Lutheran Faith and our First Lutheran Community.